Title: Sandford Guide 2013
The Sanford Guide:
Providing comprehensive treatment-focused recommendations for infectious diseases since 1969.
• The Sanford Guide is the “gold standard” reference for treatment of infectious diseases. For 44 years, the Sanford Guide has provided health care professionals with comprehensive, evidence-based recommendations accessible at the point of care.
• Digital applications for mobile devices (phones and tablets) and a web-based edition for laptop and desktop bring new function and expanded content in the era of antimicrobial resistance.
• Print editions in several sizes and bindings continue to provide tabular-based content familiar to generations of professionals.
• Developed by Jay P. Sanford, M.D., the first edition (1969) was the outgrowth of a medical grand rounds handout on newer antibacterial agents. David N. Gilbert, M.D. has been involved with the Sanford Guide since his days as an infectious diseases fellow under Dr. Sanford. The editorial board has included leading figures in the field of infectious diseases, including Merle A. Sande, M.D. and Robert C. Moellering, Jr., M.D.
• Digital editions of the Sanford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy, Sanford Guide to HIV/AIDS Therapy, Sanford Guide to Hepatitis and Sanford Guide Web Edition are updated monthly to reflect current developments and the state of knowledge in this constantly evolving field of medicine.
• The Sanford Guide reaches a global audience. Complementing the English language content are localized editions for China, Japan, Belgium-Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Spain, Central and South America and Brazil.